SBS2011 alternative? Windows Essentials/Exchange/RDP
Posted on 2013-12-19
Now we have a SBS2003 server that we need to replace. I have 10 users (Macs and Windows XP clients) and need to choose a new serversetup. We need a server on location, no Office365. All servers are installed on a DL380gen8 VMware ESX server.
I wan't to buy a Windows server 2012 essentials server
I wan't to install Exchange server 2013
I wan't to install RDP server for 5 users
1. Can i join my Windows XP clients to the Windows 2012 domain?
2. Do i need to install a seperate server for Exchange? Can i install Exchange on Server 2012 essentials?
3. Do i need to install a seperate server for RDP Can i install Exchange on Server 2012 essentials?
4. Can i combine one server for Exchange and RDP service? Can i install those on Server 2012 essentials?
5. If i install a RDP server for 5 users. What kind of license/server versions and how many i need to have?