Different results sets when pulling SQL table to Access
Posted on 2013-12-27
I have an issue when importing table from SQL 2008 R2 into Access 2010. I perform the import using the "Get External Data" GUI within Access... build an ODBC connection.
On my machine, I am seeing the latest transactions/rows based on "Transacation Date". On the user's machine they are not seeing the latest transactions, only up through 8/30/2013. I am seeing through 11/30/2013.
Now, before we go any further, I checked myself to verify that the user had cleared all filters in Access, still no change. I proceeded to delete that local access DB and recreate, same thing, I only see transactions/rows through 8/30/2013.
I proceeded to go back to my machine and go through the GUI again and once more I can see the latest transactions..
I checked the size of the Access DB on the user box and it is far from the threshold... going to do some more research, but I am at a loss...
I also verified the client pc, software versions and compared to mine... I do not see any differences. I also verified that the user is using the correct ODBC SQL connection.
Clue: This was working correctly up until a few months ago. That is why I commented above about a possible threshold... but at this time don't understand why this would apply to them in their environment and not mine.