I have a server with a thrid party vendor application. An event occured that required the vendor to login and fix a db corruption - not uncommmon.! After, the session, all the User's under their own accounts could not logon to the application. The error was citing permission issues on the shared folder on the server. The Domain Admin accounts could log on but not Domain Users. I reapplied the permissions but this did not improve the problem. I then stopped the share using the Console and then moved the folder to a new location on another drive and created the share. This allowed the clients to connect but then we had another issue where an FTP process in the vendor app could not complete. I tried a few times to stop the share and recreated it using the Console under Roles and File Services bit this did not resolve the problem.
The solution I found was to stop the share and then re share the folder using Windows Explorer and setting the permissions there. This then worked.
So I was wondering if anyone could explain what the difference in the process is between using the Console-File Services and Windows Explorer and/or if this is a known problem as I have not experianced it before.