We recently installed KB 948963 on our Windows 2003 SP2/Exchange 2003 SP2 box. After doing so , we cannot receive email's from Gmail and a few others. They are not being blocked by filtering, firewalls, or anything else I can find. We can send to them.
Intelligent message filter is off.
The SMTP log show google as starting TLS and then closing it without data being transmitted. I assume that the AES patch we installed has messed up the communication.
Any ideas where to adjust these settings?
Some other things I can suggest:
- Are you using an SSL certificate from a third party? or is it self-generated? Could there be something wrong with it? (use the Microsoft Exchange Analyzer to check: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/)
- Are there any additional rollups or service pack updates you can install / reinstall?
- Have you rebooted that entire server after applying the update?
- Do you have an SPF record set up in your DNS? If not, try adding one. If you do, try testing it: http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html
- Try (temporarily) turning off any firewalls protecting that server, just long enough to see if it works. Turn it right back on after testing.