I'm trying to run the Anywhere Access Setup on a new Server 2012 R2 Essentials box, but it keeps giving me the same two errors during setup. To preface the issue, here are some custom options we are using:
- SonicWall TZ 105W Firewall which does not support uPnP, we configured manually to forward port 80 and 443 to the server.
- Domain name, we setup manually with an A record for remote.ourdomain.com pointed to our public IP address.
- SSL Certificate was purchased through GoDaddy for the remote.ourdomain.com domain and installed manually as well during setup by choosing the "Use a cert I already have" option.
We are only enabling Anywhere Access, and not VPN since the SonicWall handles the VPN for us. Here are the two errors I get:
1. Internet connection is not available - There is a problem connecting to the Internet. Ensure that your server is connected to your network properly and that your network devices are turned on and functioning properly. If you still cannot connect to the Internet, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for support.
2. There is an error in your Remote Desktop Services settings - There is an issue with your Remote Desktop Services settings that cannot be automatically repaired. Please contact Product Support.
I have already tried some things, outlined below:
This server has 2 NICS which are teamed together using the Broadcom utility (latest version). The server is a Dell Poweredge T320. This server is the PDC Emulator, and holds all FSMO roles for the domain, it is the only server on the domain. We did perform a migration from SBS 2003 to 2012 R2 Essentials. This server runs DNS, and forwarders are configured for 22.214.171.124 (Google Public A) and 126.96.36.199 (Google Public B). I have no issues with internet access, everything else is working flawlessly. No DNS errors in the Event Log.
The only error in the event log during setup is a system error with event ID 7000 stating that "The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration." I resolved this issue by assigning the 'NT Service\WdiServiceHost' user 'Profile system performance' rights in Group Policy (Default Domain Controller Policy) and restarting the server.
I cannot find anything else wrong, and i'm lost. Need assistance getting this resolve as soon as possible. Thank you all in advance!