VMware vShield, Symantec SAV & SEPM communication issue -- VM clients not showing in SEPM
Posted on 2013-12-30
For our VMware infrastructure, we are trying to make vShield work with Symantec End Point 12.1.2. The setup is complete, as far as I can see, but no VMs are showing up under Clients in SEP Manager. Here is the summary of the setup:
- vShield Manager is up and running. No errors during its installation.
- All 4 VMware hosts have Symantec-SVA appliances. No errors during installation and the Shared Insight Cache service is running.
- All VM have vShield drivers installed from VMware tools.
- In vCenter, the Endpoint portion of vShield tab of each host shows entries for Symantec-SVA and various VMs 'Thin Agent enabled'. All events are normal; none critical.
- Within SymantecEP manager, the groups for the VMs has Enable Shared Insight Cache box checked in the main policy.
Why am I not seeing VMs under Clients in SEPM? Please help. Thanks.