I am experiencing a rather perplexing problem with a family of OTF fonts becoming installed after a reboot. This problem is repeatable and I've scoured the Internet for answers and found no solution.
- Windows 7, 64 bit with plenty of HD space and memory (no other known issues)
- Fonts are commercial and licensed (i.e. professional fonts)
they are only available as OTF and no, I cannot convert them to TTF b/c I must remain
compatible with our graphics designers.
Important: The problem extends to two separate OTF font families from two separate
vendors. Besides other computers not being affected, this is not a fault of
a specific font. This is clearly a problem on this one computer.
After I install the fonts, everything works perfectly (i.e. Adobe Illustrator happily displays the fonts). However, after I reboot:
- The fonts are no longer available to Illustrator.
- The fonts no longer display in the Windows font folder.
- But the fonts are still in the physical folder, if I do a directory listing in a DOS command window.
Why must I re-install these fonts each time I reboot? What is wrong?
Note: This problem is unique to this Windows computer. My home computer does not exhibit this behavior.