My SBS 2008 server continuously has one computer that shows an error in the firewall with the daily report having a comment "Unable to retrieve the status information". We removed the problem computer from the domain and added it back again. We also removed the AV (Trend Micro Worry Free) and added the AV back. So far we cannot get rid of this message.
We have about 18 Win XP computers and this is our only Win 7 computer. This is part of our testing to get the entire company upgraded over the Christmas break.
If I open the Firewall on the workstation, it says that the firewall is off and the firewall is managed by Group Policy. If that were the case, I am sure the server could read the firewall status.
Here is a list of other things that I have tried:
1. checked DNS for duplicate entry for the same IP. None Found
2. I tried adding the computer to the domain using the wizard. I received an error that connect could not be found with a fix my Network Connection icon.
3. I added the domain suffix into the TCIP v4 configuration.
4. I performed a repair on .net framework.
5. from the workstation I can ping the server by name and IP; from the server I can ping the workstation by name and IP.
6. From the server I can ping connect. From the workstation, I CANNOT
7. Network Discovery is turned on for my workstation
My latest error message is attached
What am I missing?