Issues with Outlook VB script

I posted a question last month which was answered in a timely manner.

It worked so well, I actually set the script to run on two computers running Outlook: Outlook 2010 and 2013.

As of today, the script has quit working.  No updates were made to either machine.  Only Outlook was restarted.  Now with it no longer working, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why it would stop, especially on two different computers.  

I admit when I set the script up initially, I never stopped Outlook again until today.  

What I want is when Outlook forwards an email, it changes "FW" to "FWD".  I have checked my macro security where the default was selected but went so far as to set it to allow all macros to run.  Since that didn't fix it, I set it back to Notifications for digitally signed macros, all other macros disabled.
shonadleAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

David LeeCommented:
Can you post the code or a link to your previous question so we can see the code?
shonadleAuthor Commented:
I did.  It's in my first post but here is another link to the other question:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Internet_Email/Q_28323742.html#a39752638
David LeeCommented:
Oops.  Sorry, I missed the link.
Your Guide to Achieving IT Business Success

The IT Service Excellence Tool Kit has best practices to keep your clients happy and business booming. Inside, you’ll find everything you need to increase client satisfaction and retention, become more competitive, and increase your overall success.

David LeeCommented:
The code is in place in the ThisOutlookSession module, macros are enabled, and the code isn't working.  Is that correct?
shonadleAuthor Commented:
Yes.  It was working GREAT!  Then I restarted Outlook (first on the 2013 version).  When I did that, it stopped working.  Tried repasting code over and over, to no avail.  

Played around with the macro settings, to see if setting them really low would pop it back in.  No.  I then looked at the outlook 2010 version because it also had been working to see if there was a difference.  That's when I noticed it had quit working.  It was restarted during this experiment too.

I did not do any Windows updates in this time.  Both are running Windows 7 with one on Office 2013 and the other on Office 2010.
David LeeCommented:
What is Outlook's macro security set to?
shonadleAuthor Commented:
Originally "Notifications for digitally signed macros, all other macros disabled.  Since this happened I set it down to Enable all macros.  I also checked the Apply macro security settings to installed add ins on and off.
David LeeCommented:
Ok.  Add this code to what you already have in ThisOutlookSession.  Once you've added the code, close and restart Outlook.  Tell me what happens after restarting.

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    MsgBox "Macros are enabled."
End Sub

Open in new window

shonadleAuthor Commented:
No, sorry.  Tried it in both the 2013 and 2010 versions, still shows the sent email as "FW" instead of "FWD".  (I did restart Outlook by the way).
David LeeCommented:
That wasn't designed to fix the problem, It was to test and see what's going on.  What happened when you restarted Outlook?  Did you get a dialog-box?  If you didn't, then macros are not enabled despite the fact that they are set to be enabled.
shonadleAuthor Commented:
oh sorry. I didn't get a dialogue box.
David LeeCommented:
Ok.  Here's what I recommend.  

1.  Close Outlook
2.  Delete Outlook's code file.  All Outlook macro code is stored in a single file.  That file is named VbaProject.OTM.  The file will be in the c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook folder (where <username> is your username).  Go to that folder and copy that file to another folder (so you have a backup), then delete the file.
3.  Start Outlook.
4.  Open the VB editor and re-add the code.  Include the code I posted above.  We'll use it to determine if macros are working.  Outlook will automatically create a new VbaProject.OTM file.
5.  Close and restart Outlook.

Let me know what happens.  When you restart Outlook you should get a dialog-box.  If you do, tell me what it says in the dialog-box.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
shonadleAuthor Commented:
Ok, well I did not get a dialog box.  However, the script is working again.  It changed Fw to FWD.  

I'm going to go back in and take out that second script and see if it still works.
shonadleAuthor Commented:
Yes it still works.  

I find it odd that this issue happened on two different computers with two different versions of Outlook.  It's almost like that VB script had gotten corrupted and needed to be removed.  (which luckily you told me how to do).
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Internet / Email Software

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.