Solved

Exchange 2010, Outlook user calender invites copied to delegates after they are removed

Posted on 2014-01-03
2
1,429 Views
Last Modified: 2014-01-03
We are running Exchange 2010 on our domain and USER-A was set up with calendar delegates. When meeting requests were sent to USER-A, USER-B would receive the invitation also.

This was no longer required so USER-B was removed as a delegate through Power Shell

First I looked at what delegates were in place

Get-Mailbox -anr "USER-A" | Get-CalendarProcessing | select ResourceDelegates

This listed the USER-B

I then removed all with

Get-Mailbox -identity "USER-A" | Set-CalendarProcessing -ResourceDelegates $null

This completed and after re-running the first script again the USER-B had been removed.

Unfortunately this has not fixed the problem as the calendar invites are still being ghost copied to USER-B

I have seen a few posts around the net about this but none that fix this issue.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers
BF
0
Comment
Question by:bigfooter
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 
LVL 63

Accepted Solution

by:
Simon Butler (Sembee) earned 500 total points
ID: 39753453
If you look in Outlook, do you see the delegate listed?
Have you looked in ADSIEDIT as well? The delegate can be listed there.

I wrote this ages ago about ghost delegates - while you are not getting the unknown bit, the method I have outlined should still work:

http://blog.sembee.co.uk/post/Account-Does-Not-Exist-Error-When-Appointment-Sent-to-Another-User.aspx

Simon.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:bigfooter
ID: 39753532
Thanks.

For some reason when I went to the Outlook client on the users desktop the Delegates were still there and could not be removed due to permissions.

I set up the account on my machine and found I could remove them... Odd.
I left one user that was required and then removed the others then the Powershell script correctly showed the one user whereas before it showed none.

I then waited half an hour and followed the steps in your link which was to add myself as a delegate manually and then tested then removed again.

Hoping the changes ripple across the forest so testing again later today.

Nonetheless looks good.

Thanks

$$$$$
0

Featured Post

Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
Save Exchange PowerShell Command 12 36
Outlook 2016 10 44
In place upgrade Win2008R2 to Win2012R2 5 20
Round robin for Exchange 2013 4 26
You need to know the location of the Office templates folder, so that when you create new templates, they are saved to that location, and thus are available for selection when creating new documents.  The steps to find the Templates folder path are …
To show how to generate a certificate request in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.:  First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Servers >> Certificates…
Many of my clients call in with monstrous Gmail overloading issues with Outlook. A quick tip is to turn off the All Mail and Important folders from synching. Here is a quick video I made to show you how to turn off these and other folders in Gmail s…

726 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question