Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of Lee Ingalls
Lee IngallsFlag for United States of America

asked on

Crystal XI passing parameters to multiple sub-reports

Main report and two sub-reports... Main Report prompts for OrderDet.OrderNo, the Quote Costs sub-report prompt for OrderDet. JobNo and the Job Matl sub-report prompts for POReleases.JobNo.

OrderNo example: 110954
JobNo example: 110954-01

The -01 signifies the top level assembly JobNo to which WIP activity and costs are rolled up.

I'd prefer to enter a single OrderNo parameter but could live with entering the OrderNo and a single JobNo passed to both subreports; but would like to avoid entering 3 parameters.

The JobNo will always end with -01
Is it possible to prompt only for the OrderNo and pass that parameter to the two subreport parameters and add the -01 suffix to them?
Job-Cost-Actual-vs-Estimate.rpt
Avatar of Mike McCracken
Mike McCracken

The easy way is to not have the subreport prompt for anything and link it on the field/value you want.

You could create a formula that adds the -01 to the orderno parameter and link that to the parameters in the subreports.

mlmcc
To link to a subreport parameter make sure you select it from the list.  Don't just accept the parameter the linking expert selects which will be something like ?pm_OrderNo

mlmcc
Avatar of Lee Ingalls

ASKER

I've been beating head against this one since last night...

The main report uses parameter OrderDet.OrderNo
The two subreports use a JobNo parameter

Keep in mind RHa also contains a copy of the subreport so I can pre-run for the shared currencyvar povalue.

All I end up doing is adding additional parameter prompts. This one is kicking my ass!
Doc7.pdf
SOLUTION
Avatar of Mike McCracken
Mike McCracken

Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Thank you mlmcc. I have a concern that Job Matl Subrpt2 is no longer returning the correct povalue. I was expecting the amount to be $17,902.61 but the report with the updated subreport links is returning a povalue of $8,141.25 based upon the OderNo/JobNo parameters. I'm in the process of comparing the two version to try and determine what's causing some of the PO details to be excluded.

I started the report from scratch so that I can eliminate some of the old report artifacts and will try your subreport links.
In your original "Job Matl Subrpt2" subreports (one in the report header and one in the report footer), your record selection formula only compared the parameter with POReleases.JobNo.  mlmcc added tests on PODet.JobNo in one subreport and OrderDet.JobNo in the other.  Maybe those fields have different values (like the "-01" that you mentioned) in PODet and OrderDet, so that excludes some records.

 James
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
mlmcc's was excluding some POValues and my re-write of the report was doubling some Vendor POValues... focusing on the entries that were being excluded or multiplied I realized we were purchasing the same items from the same vendor PO, for multiple jobs... POReleases was the key.

RFd:  Job Matl Subrpt2,  I changed the record select formula from OrderDet.JobNo =  the parameter prompt to POReleases.JobNo = parameter prompt. I also changed my @Value formula to use {POReleases.Qty}*{PODet.UnitCost} instead of {PODet.Qty}*{PODet.UnitCost}