Over the weekend, a canon imagerunner 2530 stopped it's ability to place scanned items into a network share on the server.
two canon reps have been to the office and claim they have successfully scanned a document to their laptop, and so therefore blame the server.
The server is SBS 2011 standard, and the \SCANNED folder which is shared on the domain, also is the landing point for the FTP server which another scanner in the office dumps it's scanned documents to via FTP. Bot have been working fine for 2 months since server installation.
The Imagerunner used standard SMB network protocol when originally set up, and has worked for 2 months without fail recently.
I have tried everything I know to try:
I created a new share and verified a user permissions to that new share
I have tried changing user credentials on the scanner to someone of higher elevated credentials
I have checked and rechecked the settings on the printer/scanner via the web interface repeatedly
I have tried to use the FTP functionality of the same machine and cannot get it to work that way either.
Users CAN print to this machine just fine.
Other things I've tried:
turn off ALL firewalls on every level
turn off Kaspersky completely in addition to all firewalls being turned off
Two office service reps (company responsible for the imagerunner) came and tried to make it work, but said it's the server and beyond their ability to resolve.
EVERY OTHER SERVICE on this server is working perfectly, all users can access this folder, the other machine can drop files into it, and there is no other issue on the network.
I don't know what else to try .... ASSUMING that the issue really is on my server, I ask for suggestions and ideas to try from better minds than my own.
I've tried a lot of little quirks, but I'm open to all ideas at this point.