Can't connect to internet
Posted on 2014-01-09
Weird problem with a ASUS G53JW Laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I try to connect to the internet using the company WAP on this laptop but cannot. I can get all of the resources on the network (File Server, Personal drive, printing etc.) but when I try to get on the internet -- nothing.
This is what I tried so far:
1. Tried netsh int ip reset reset.log -- nothing
2. Tried netsh winsock reset catalog -- nothing
3. Tried updating my wireless driver -- nothing
4. Tried updating BIOS -- nothing
5. Tried using other wireless devices (tablet, another laptop, phone) all are able to use this WAP with no problem.
6. Tried using the hotspot on my phone (T-Mobile) -- I am able to get to the internet no problem.
7. Disabled Norton Security -- nothing
8. Disabled firewall -- nothing
9. Check for viruses/spyware -- nothing
10. Tried plugging in hardwire with Cat5 cable -- I am able to get to the internet.
11. Flushed DNS -- nothing
12. Released and renew IP address - nothing
13. Reset browser setting in IE -- nothing
14. Tried using a different browser (Firefox) -- nothing
When I view the basic network information and setup connection it show green bars all the way through from PC-to-router-to-internet, but still get page cannot display message.
I am able to ping any website from a cmd prompt but cannot browse to them. Anybody has any ideas what is causing my problem?
Thanks in advance.