First of, this app has a history. I'll spare the details but it started life as an Access 2010 project. Saved out of 2010 accdb as an 2003 MDB. Didn't really use any of the 2010 functionality just wanted to move to a newer, supported platform.
There is no going back to 2010, the project deadline in a couple days.
I resolved the reference issues and ran thru the application functions. All looked good.
The issues began when I tried to modify one of the forms in the app. I added a new field to the form. When I tried to save the form the entire app locked up and canceled. I got the 'Do you want to send this error to Microsoft' box.
I tried every technique I know to resolve application issues:
2, Compact Repair
3. Created an entirely new blank MDB and pulled the entire application into it.
4. Make sure there a no unresolved references.
I was eventually able to revise the screen I was working on. But not the problem on other screens I am trying to revise. In the middle of a form revision the app locks. From that point on the form I was working on cannot be opened in development mode or any mode for that matter.
In that case I have pulled in the original version of the screen from a backup MDB and redo steps 1- 4 above.
The issue has occurred multiple times now and my deadline is fast approaching.
Decompiled many times,
Compact Repair many times
Created an enitrely new blank MDB and pulled the entire application into it several times.
Resolved all references.
I realize going from 2010 to 2003 is an odd situation and likely not one that is very common but I was hoping that there might be some ideas in the EE community.