We have recently been receiving the following error/event pertaining to our mailbox database:
Agent Time: 2014-01-14 10:02:00Z
Event Time: 06:01:05 PM 14-Jan-2014 UTC
Category: Database Page Cache
Description: Information Store (1772) Mailbox Database 1418052236: The database page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database 1418052236\Mailbox Database 1418052236.edb" at offset 9154002944 (0x00000002219f0000) (database page 279357 (0x4433D)) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes failed verification because it contains no page data. The read operation will fail with error -1019 (0xfffffc05). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.
It was decided to take the following action:
- Create a new mailbox database.
- Move all mailboxes to the new database
- Delete the original database and create a new one
- Move all mailbox back to the freshly created one
My question is twofold
1. Is there a problem with relocating the following accounts to the new database:
- Discovery Search Mailbox
2. Once I've moved them all over, is there any reason to create a new one and move them back? Any reason why I can't just keep them on the newly created database once I move them all over?