Solved

Web Remote Desktop Access

Posted on 2014-01-15
6
626 Views
Last Modified: 2014-01-16
We were having problems with our Remote Access website.  The company that services our server had me uninstall the .NET Framework 4.5.1 update and reinstall the .NET Framework 4.5.0.  This made the situation worse.  Now the site has crashed and when we try to access the site an Error page comes up saying there is a problem with configuration.  I have attached a screen print of the page that comes up.  Does anyone have a clue as to what we did wrong and how to fix it?
Remote-Site-Error-Page.png
0
Comment
Question by:Bill2802
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
6 Comments
 
LVL 16

Accepted Solution

by:
R. Andrew Koffron earned 250 total points
ID: 39782301
what version of SBS?
in sbs 2003 the .net version for the remote site should be 1.1.4322 (at least it is on the last on the last 2003 SBS machine I have running)
0
 

Author Comment

by:Bill2802
ID: 39782415
We are running SBS 2011.
0
 
LVL 17

Assisted Solution

by:WORKS2011
WORKS2011 earned 125 total points
ID: 39782465
you may want to try and restore the config file to the day prior to the .NET upgrade, are you running shadow copy?
0
Optimize your web performance

What's in the eBook?
- Full list of reasons for poor performance
- Ultimate measures to speed things up
- Primary web monitoring types
- KPIs you should be monitoring in order to increase your ROI

 
LVL 16

Assisted Solution

by:R. Andrew Koffron
R. Andrew Koffron earned 250 total points
ID: 39782482
take a look at this article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg697165.aspx

while it's not the exact issue unless the role was re-added, the rebuild process might be of value. or give you a good idea what to look at.
I've found on SBS in general all version. it's always better to get back to the base and use the wizards.
0
 
LVL 15

Assisted Solution

by:Jaroslav Mraz
Jaroslav Mraz earned 125 total points
ID: 39782494
Hi,

web access is not a critical part so try

Simple remove WEB ACCESS part from role menu.
Reboot.
Update OS add role back
 reboot.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:Bill2802
ID: 39785719
In digging deeper, it appears it is the config file for this web app.  The company that services our server is working on correcting the config file.  Thanks for all your help.
0

Featured Post

 Watch the Recording: Learning MySQL 5.7

MySQL 5.7 has a lot of new features. If you've dabbled with an older version of MySQL, it is definitely worth learning.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

The System Center Operations Manager 2012, known as SCOM, is a part of the Microsoft system center product that provides the user with infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring. SCOM monitors:   Windows or UNIX/LinuxNetwo…
This collection of functions covers all the normal rounding methods of just about any numeric value.
Viewers will learn how to maximize accessibility options in an Excel workbook for users with accessibility issues.
The viewer will learn how to simulate a series of sales calls dependent on a single skill level and learn how to simulate a series of sales calls dependent on two skill levels. Simulating Independent Sales Calls: Enter .75 into cell C2 – “skill leve…
Suggested Courses

623 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question