I am trying to set up equipment mailboxs in Exchange to control booking of our company pool cars. What I want is a calendar for each car where a member of staff can send a request in, this would be added as tentative and have to be accepted by a single delegate and then it would go in as a calendar entry/accepted booking once they have accepted it.
I have set up a Test Calendar to test this on but am experiencing problems. These are the options I have selected -
- Under 'Resource General', I have enabled the Resource Booking Attendant
- Under 'Resource Policy', I have set the settings that we want, added the required delegate and ticked to 'Forward Meeting Requests to delegates'
- Under 'Resource Information', I have ticked 'Mark pending requests as Tentative on the calendar'
- Under 'Resource In-Policy Requests', requests that are automatically approved I tried both 'Selected recipients' with no users selected and with only the 'Master' delegate selected. Requests that are subject to approval by a delegate set to 'All Users'.
- Under 'Resource Out-of-policy Requests', set to 'All Users'.
The problem I have is that when a meeting request is sent by a user with the Test Calendar as a resource, it is being automatically approved by the mailbox even though they are not a listed user who's in-policy requests are automatically approved. Also, the delegate entered gets no meeting request forwarded to their mailbox.
I have also tried this with the same settings as above but with the Resource Booking Attendant disabled but this doesn't work either.
Can anyone see what the issue is and if there is anything obvious I'm doing wrong in the setup? The settings in the Mailbox properties seem to be quite straight forward but don't seem to be behaving in the way I think they should..
Thanks in advance.