This troubles me. Dns is working fine on my 2003 R2 domain controller, except for one thing.
One particular address (www.mediebedriftene.no
) is not resolved when using the www-prefix. Nslookup comes up with non-existent domain. If I omit the www. in front of the domain name, it resolves nicely. The domain looks fine when I use my laptop with other external DNS's. I tried updating root hints, and enabling forwarders, but it looks like that the server don't even try to resolve the address when the www is there.
i found an old unattached zone-file in the system32/dns folder. Deleted it and restarted dns to no avail.
Every other webpage works nicely, but as this one belongs to one of our partners, it's quite important to get it working.