[2 days left] What’s wrong with your cloud strategy? Learn why multicloud solutions matter with Nimble Storage.Register Now

x
?
Solved

VisualStudio changes to vb code seem to be ignored

Posted on 2014-01-16
1
Medium Priority
?
316 Views
Last Modified: 2014-01-16
My site is http://www.arithmequick.com . It has opened fine for years like this:
 [1] It opens with index.aspx
 [2] index.aspx opens AQ.swf
 [3] AQ.swf loads my games by calling http://www.arithmequick.com/TestLoadVars.aspx passing the parameters ActionType=LoadSTopicsForGames & CategoryIndex=0
 [4] In this call to TestLoadVars.aspx, its code-behind, TestLoadVars.aspx.vb, enters a Select Case ActionType and goes to the Case "LoadSTopicsForGames", which loads the games and the program runs fine.
 Now, using FTP mode in VisualStudio 2010, in TestLoadVars.aspx.vb, I added Case "LoadChallengeLevels" and I added this to the opening:
 [5] AQ.swf tries to also load my challenge levels by calling http://www.arithmequick.com/TestLoadVars.aspx passing the parameter ActionType=LoadChallengeLevels
 In response, I get Error #2101.
In an attempt to find the problem, I changed the code in Case "LoadChallengeLevels" to be simply:
Try
Response.Write("challengeLevelStr=Try")
Catch x As Exception
Response.Write("challengeLevelStr=Catch")
End Try
Again,  in response, I get Error #2101.
In fact, if I run http://www.arithmequick.com/TestLoadVars.aspx?ActionType=LoadSTopicsForGames&CategoryIndex=0, I get
gameStr=(a long list as expected).
However, if I run http://www.arithmequick.com/TestLoadVars.aspx?ActionType=LoadChallengeLevels, I get a blank screen, instead of challengeLevelStr=Try or challengeLevelStr=Catch.
0
Comment
Question by:Charles L Belna
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment
 

Accepted Solution

by:
Charles L Belna earned 0 total points
ID: 39787636
Apparently, the file TestLoadVars.aspx.vb was corrupted because I created a new web form LoadVars.aspx and copied the code from TestLoadVars.aspx.vb to LoadVars.aspx.vb and I changed the call to TestLoadVars.aspx to a call to LoadVars.aspx and all works fine now.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

We were having a lot of "Heartbeat Alerts" in our SCOM environment, now "Heartbeat" in a SCOM environment for those of you who might not be familiar with SCOM is a packet of data sent from the agent to the management server on a regular basis, basic…
Real-time is more about the business, not the technology. In day-to-day life, to make real-time decisions like buying or investing, business needs the latest information(e.g. Gold Rate/Stock Rate). Unlike traditional days, you need not wait for a fe…
Viewers will learn how to maximize accessibility options in an Excel workbook for users with accessibility issues.
If you’ve ever visited a web page and noticed a cool font that you really liked the look of, but couldn’t figure out which font it was so that you could use it for your own work, then this video is for you! In this Micro Tutorial, you'll learn yo…

649 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question