I try to connect with Sharepoint 2010 and Visual studio 2012, but iam getting error msg.
I done following steps But still Showing attached Error message
1. Add your user account as an Administrator on the system.
2. Add your user account as a Farm Administrator for the SharePoint server.
1. In SharePoint Central Administration, choose the Manage the farm administrators group link.
2. On the Farm Administrators page, choose the New button.
3. Add your user account to the to the WSS_ADMIN_WPG group.
This issue can be fixed by doing the following :-
1. Added myself as the administrator
2. Added myself to SharePoint Farm Admin Group
3. Provided DB Owner access to SharePoint Content DB
I've tried the below steps and it solved my issue. using Sharepoint Power Shell to grant my user the privileges to Content Databases.
Add-SPShellAdmin -UserName domain\username This will add permissions to the config database in SharePoint 2010
Get-SPContentDatabase -WebApplication This will return information on the content database for the desired web application
Add-SPShellAdmin -UserName domain\username -database This will add permissions to the content database for the desired web application
UPDATE I've also found that SQL Server Agent(SHAREPOINT) Service was disables, enabling it solved my issue one more time.
Open the file using Notepad with Administrator rights add the ip and URL and then Visual Studio should connect to your SharePoint site.