I've been experiencing some server connectivity issues for the past week. Here are the details:
1) All useer are able to log on to their work stations. They have internet and can access the shared network drive.
2) Server is really slow. Cannot even fully log on to the server. After entering in login credentials it hangs. If I'm able to get to the desktop I can't really do anything to check any of the network settings, check virus scans, etc.
Basically, everything works except the server.
1) I cannot RDP to the server. It hangs at "Configuring Remote Session".
2) When I use our Sonicwall VPN I can remote in to all the workstations on the network.
Things I've Tried:
1) Powered off the server, modem, sonicwall and powered them back on several times.
2) Ran a diag scan on the server before boot up - showed no issues.
3) Checked the settings on the sonicwall by logging in to the unit from another workstation.
As mentioned, I can't really check the server because it hangs everything I attempt to log in. I'm kind of stumped right now. People have mentioned that it might be a network card issue. I want to get this resolved before the network looses all connections.