I am troubleshooting some Internet Explorer ZoneMapping event log errors, and it seems some (or more) of the many entries we have in our group policy are using the incorrect syntax. The MS article ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184456
) seems to be lacking some information, like
1) Is it ok to use a trailing slash for the URL?
2) " " wildcard (*) after the trailing slash?
3) Can we use port numbers in the syntax?
4) can you use a URL that has only a hostname with trailing wildcard (e.g. http://HOSTNAME*
or *://HOSTNAME* ???)
5) can you specify a pagename? (e.g. http://sub.domain.com/vdir/page.asp ??)
The Event log doesn't show which ones are malformed so I am scratching my head a little and want to make sure I don't grind business to a halt by not-allowing some of these web apps to run as expected