Replace LogMeIn Free
Posted on 2014-01-21
Today I've read LogMeIn's newsletter in major disappointment, telling me that their free service is no longer available. Hereby I open a question in hope of getting some good hints on its replacement.
My instinctive candidates are TeamViewer, WebEx and RealVNC but I'm not sure they really satisfy my needs.
- Non-professional use only (help my mom and other relatives living far away)
- Allow at least 5 clients with one registration (or no registration)
- Client installer should be a no-brainer; best would be no-install at all (just download exe and here we go)
- OS: winxp home/prof, win7 home/enterprise/ultimate with an occasional Linux here and there.
- None of the following should be blocking points:
- Ordinary wifi routers and cable modems
- Cisco VPN
- HTTP/Socks5 proxy with user authentication
- Forwarding sound is not needed but nice
- Native resolution (i.e. with scrollbar if needed) is a must.
- Encryption would be nice.
- The client should see the screen and be free to interact while remote control is engaged.
Please form your advice considering that I'm an IT expert (though not in remote access field)