My domain controller is populating the event logs with this following error
20 Jan 2014 09:48:09
Monitor: [Event Log Monitor]
* Event Time: 20 Jan 2014 09:41:46
* Source: Microsoft-Windows-Certific
* Event Log: Application
* Type: Warning
* Event ID: 64
* Event User: N/A
* Certificate for local system with Thumbprint ae 0f 29 10 cd 56 ce be 0e a6 4a 63 8e 84 89 21 c1 cf fd 58 is about to expire or already expired.
I located certificate in the mmc it is under. personal -> certificates.... the server that is issuing the error is the CA and the one that certificate is issued to.
there are 2 certificates that are about identical as far as functionality.
1 that expires in a few weeks and another one that expires in a decade.
the one that expires in a few weeks has one included item.. it says its purpose is for smart card login, remote computer and identifiying itself. the one that is set to expire in 10 years does not include the smart card login. can anyone tell me from what I have described
1) what this certificate is for?
2) will the one that expires in a decade insure that we don't lose services associated with the one that is about to expire.
thanks a ton