Helping Janet D
Posted on 2014-01-22
Helping Janet Dagen 1-22-14
Today, helping a friend with a Windows 8 laptop.
1. I tuned the computer with Advanced System Care 7 Pro.
2. I then deleted McAfee using both Windows Uninstall and then the McAfee Removal Tool.
3. I then attempted to download and install Security Essentials only to find out that Windows 8 has Windows Defender.
4. I assumed all was well.
5. By phone, later this evening, just to be sure, I asked Janet to check to see if Windows Defender was enabled. I asked her to type Windows Defender at the Windows 8 desktop. The app was not to be found. We then checked Programs and Features and it wasn’t listed.
6. I then asked her to go to Services where we found it and that is was Running and set to Automatic.
1. Given the above, how can we open the Windows Defender program.
2. Can I assume that it is running on her computer and protecting it?