MS SQL Server 2012 Maintenance Plan sequence
Posted on 2014-01-23
Hello from Italy,
we're running MS SQL Server 2012 under 2008 R2 for our ERP database
We have two Maintenance Plans:
- Backup ERP database plan (two times at day)
- Montly maintenance plan (first sunday of month)
This second plan runs the following tasks:
- Check Database Integrity
- Rebuild Index
- Update Statistics
- Clean Up History
- Shrink Database
1) Is there a task to be added or deleted?
2) This montly tasks sequence is correct or must be modified?
3) 'Reorganize Index' task is included in 'Rebuild Index' task or
must be added to sequence?
4) Is correct to perform the above tasks for all databases (system
databases included) or we must select only ERP database?
Thank you very much for your worldwide help!