Problem with LyncSync "Failed to Query Active Directory"

Posted on 2014-01-27
Last Modified: 2014-11-20
Hello I am in the process of trying to setup a resouce forest Multi-Tennant Lync Server.  I am at the process were I need to run Lyncsync to copy over the parameters for a disabled user account, however when I run the LynSync command:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\ResKit\LcsSync>sidmap.wsf /OU:",OU=OCS Tenants,DC=galileomessaging,DC=com" /query

I get:

 "Failed to query Active Directory LDAP://,OU=OCS Tenants,DC=galileome

I have even tried just qeurying the whole AD with the same result.
This is in a Server 2012 Enviroment, and I am logged in as a Domain Administrator.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Question by:Crossroads305
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3

Author Comment

ID: 39812306

Author Comment

ID: 39812339
I can't help but feel like this is an issue with how I am typing out the command but I can't quite put my finger on it. I have also tried this command on a 2008 Server to rule out some sort of strange 2012 problem.

Author Comment

ID: 39812352
To further cement my belief, I have tried the 2007 Toolkit and I am getting the exact same error mesasge, this is rather frustrating.

Accepted Solution

Javier Martinez earned 500 total points
ID: 40291142

I asume that you are doing a Hosting Lync deployment using Resourse Forest domain.

You should try using the command from the Active Directory "users" domain.
Your "forest domain" is "DC=galileomessaging,DC=com". So you have to install Reskit on a member server in the "users domain", for example, contoso.local. This should  work because you already setted the Trust betweem both domains.


Featured Post

Enterprise Mobility and BYOD For Dummies

Like “For Dummies” books, you can read this in whatever order you choose and learn about mobility and BYOD; and how to put a competitive mobile infrastructure in place. Developed for SMBs and large enterprises alike, you will find helpful use cases, planning, and implementation.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Article by: Leon
Software Metering within our group of companies has always been an afterthought until auditing of software and licensing became a pain point. Orchestrator and SCCM metering gave us the answer and it was an exciting process.
You might have come across a situation when you have Exchange 2013 server in two different sites (Production and DR). After adding the Database copy in ECP console it displays Database copy status unknown for the DR exchange server. Issue is strange…
In this Micro Tutorial viewers will learn how to use Boot Corrector from Paragon Rescue Kit Free to identify and fix the boot problems of Windows 7/8/2012R2 etc. As an example is used Windows 2012R2 which lost its active partition flag (often happen…
This tutorial will walk an individual through the steps necessary to join and promote the first Windows Server 2012 domain controller into an Active Directory environment running on Windows Server 2008. Determine the location of the FSMO roles by lo…

756 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question