iTunes will not recognize iPhone or iPad on a Windows 8.1 system
Posted on 2014-01-27
I have an iPhone 5c and an iPad gen 2. Until today, they were able to connect to iTunes (220.127.116.11 - the current version), but starting today, neither is recognized.
They both appear in Windows Explorer, so the USB connections seems to be working. They also use different cables (30-pin and Lightning, so it would have to be coincidental if both went bad today). When I plug the USB cable in, I get a dialog box on the iPhone / iPad asking whether I want to trust this computer. I have not seen that before today. I've tried answering both ways, but that makes no difference.
What I've tried:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes (rebooting after uninstalling, before reinstalling).
- Stopping and restarting the Apple Mobil Device Service.
- Removing the iPhone and iPad in Device Manager and letting it find it again.
- Setting Autoplay to "Do nothing". (Using iTunes is not listed)
- Doing a hard reboot of the iPhone and iPad.
None of these make a difference.
Any ideas of what else I can try?