?
Solved

Decile Analysis

Posted on 2014-01-28
2
Medium Priority
?
533 Views
Last Modified: 2014-02-12
I need to do decile analysis on the attached data set (which shows average cycle time by numbers of deals).
We have a target goal of 17 days for deal processing and need to trim down some cycle times somewhere to achieve targets. Therefore, if I know that 10% of deals hit aspiration, what kind of movement has to occur on the other 90% to allow us to hit our goals?  So if I could shave off 5 days on deciles 6-10 while keeping deciles 1 -5 static, what becomes the average?

                        Threshold                        Target                   Max
              20            17            14

Is this analysis possible in Excel? I ran the query in Oracle – PL/SQL – any easier way to do it there?

Thanks.
Summed-Deals---3mos.xlsx
0
Comment
Question by:saved4use
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 
LVL 84

Accepted Solution

by:
ozo earned 1000 total points
ID: 39815888
"what kind of movement has to occur"
The only information relating to "kind" that I see in your data are "DEALS" and "TOTAL_CYT"
and the only thing relating to "movement" that I see are numbers with different values.
So the only things an analysis of that data could tell you is whether you would want to change the number of "DEALS" or whether you would want to change the number of "TOTAL_CYT"
I'm not sure how such an analysis would be helpful to you.
0
 

Author Comment

by:saved4use
ID: 39816020
@ozo
How would I represent what you are saying with the data? What would you do differently to achieve a helpful analysis?
0

Featured Post

Moving data to the cloud? Find out if you’re ready

Before moving to the cloud, it is important to carefully define your db needs, plan for the migration & understand prod. environment. This wp explains how to define what you need from a cloud provider, plan for the migration & what putting a cloud solution into practice entails.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article describes how to use a set of graphical playing cards to create a Draw Poker game in Excel or VB6.
This article shows how to get a list of available printers for display in a drop-down list, and then to use the selected printer to print an Access report or a Word document filled with Access data, using different syntax as needed for working with …
Although Jacob Bernoulli (1654-1705) has been credited as the creator of "Binomial Distribution Table", Gottfried Leibniz (1646-1716) did his dissertation on the subject in 1666; Leibniz you may recall is the co-inventor of "Calculus" and beat Isaac…
In this video, Percona Solution Engineer Rick Golba discuss how (and why) you implement high availability in a database environment. To discuss how Percona Consulting can help with your design and architecture needs for your database and infrastr…

762 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question