Software to automatically backup certain folders to USB drive and then to Cloud.
Posted on 2014-01-28
I'm looking for suggestions for a software product and/or plan that will automatically backup certain folders to a USB drive and then to the Cloud. This is not full backup of the C drive.
For sake of discussion, let's say that the total amount of all data in each backup would be less than 150MB (uncompressed).
1. Must be fully automated and run full backups of the specified folders at a set time 7 days/wk.
2. Anything going to the Cloud must be compressed and encrypted with a password only known to me (i.e., generated locally).
3. Data stored on the USB drive may or may not be encrypted, but compression would be a plus.
4. The most recent depth of backup should be for the then previous seven day period, where an "archive" of the first or last day in each period should be retained for minimally the most recent four or five periods.
5. Compatibility must be with more than one major provider of Cloud services. Examples might include Amazon, Google Drive, SkyDrive, and maybe Dropbox.
6. Compatibility with Win 8