We are trying to use Business Contact Manager to create one contact list for our entire company. I'm hoping someone with more experience with BCM can answer a few questions?
1. A contact added into the BCM will appear in a person's contacts but can a person add a contact to their list of contacts and have it update back to the BCM?
2. A contact deleted from a person's contacts also removes the contact from the BCM database. Is there a way to turn this off? (it also begs the question of why #1 didn't work)
3. Can we set up alerts when a contact is added/edited or deleted? That way one person can manage and follow up if more information is needed for the contact.
4. Can we set up Outlook or Exchange to send an email alert when people add new contacts in their own accounts? Then our designated employee can go into their contacts (shared read-only permission granted) and then add that contact to the BCM.
5. Can the permissions for the BCM be changed so that only one or two people have full permissions and others have read-only or add but not delete?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!