Private Cloud Infrastructure Design
Posted on 2014-01-29
I am in process of designing private cloud Datacenter. Main Service for the initial phase is Iaas, Paas and SaaS - (Only mail services planned, Desktop As Service (Daas - VDI), Storage as a service.
I face some specific challenges when designing the solution. Here they are
1. Selection of a multi tenant Firewall. - Since my most implementations are from DELL, I tend to select a firewall from DELL - Sonic Wall. What is your opinion and what all features expected for a firewall placed for Cloud Managed Services Datacenter- I need to provide Firewall As a service in future.
2. When giving Iaas and Paas, I need to provide access to customer with Public IP to their servers (Virtual Servers provisioned from Pool). In practical , I cannot give each customer with a public IP. How this is done.
3. Lot of Automation and Orchestration platforms available in market. Which one you prefer or suggest the features needed
4. Daas - VDI Solutions, which one you prefer. Latency of Application interaction is serious issue.
5. Storage as a Solution - Which is preferred. I need a solution which will give seamless integration with user Desktop. Just like skydrive plugin working with windows explorer
Ok. Definitely, you may think, why can't I ask these questions to DELL or HP. Answer is simple - During the continuous engagement with different vendors, they are suggesting different solutions from their portfolio, as interests to sell products. I need our EE experts opinions for wise decisions to select and implement the right solution