I have a website that is configured on Jboss on Two Linux instances. Apache Mod_jk is working as a load balance with jboss.
We have a problem with the login process.
• I went to Firefox and clicked Sign In Here and log in with my credentials at 7:27:20.
• 35 seconds later (7:27:55), the login process appears to have completed; however, the site still says Sign In Here:
• So I clicked refresh pages and then Account Administration and the site still said Sign In Here.
• Thinking that the site did not log me in I tried again (47 seconds).
• The site next took me to the Account Administration page and now said Welcome test user:
• I logged out and the site properly said Sign In Here. Then I clicked For refresh page and the site said “Welcome test user” but I logged out so why does this happen?
I tried another browser, Chrome:
• I signed in and it took 38 seconds. This time it properly says Welcome test user
• I went to For refresh page and was still logged in so I logged out again and the site properly says Sign In Here.
• Then I clicked Sign In Here and the login page says Welcome test user and has the blank fields for login. This should be impossible:
• I tried logging in as another user and the site says incorrectly says Sign In Here. I clicked For refresh pages and it said Welcome [with the user’s name], making it look like I am logged in.
• Then I clicked Account Administration and I am brought to the Sign In page as if I am not logged in.
• Now I try logging in repeatedly and it keeps asking me to Sign In.
The login is definitely not working right. It says Welcome [Your Name] when you are logged out and Sign In here when you are logged in.
What i did to verify jboss functionality is:
i stopped jboss service from instance A. it works perfectly.
i started jboss service from instance A and stopped jboss service from instance B. it works perfectly.
So i believe Mod_jk load balancer is misbehaving.