Some of my group wants to use a simpler program than Drupal. I know Drupal can do all of these things out of the box. Can Wordpress do them too?
1. Create content types for several different kinds of content, some with upload pdf files ability and images, and store these files in specific folders
2. Content types will have a few lists of terms and based on what is checked, the content will show on specific pages. Like horses, cows, lions and zebras. If the checkbox for zebras is checked, the content will show on the zebras page. Then in another list of terms, say domestic, wild, zoo, the same thing happens. So there is a way to show all the wild animals on one page.
3. One content type will have member names, date joined, photo, blurb, and this will show on one page, even though members are added one at a time in a content type for this.
4. One page will have the latest blog post plus in the sidebar, a list of the titles of recent articles and press releases.
5. Other pages will have teasers of content from news articles with read more links.
This is all very straightforward and simple in Drupal, but in my experience with Wordpress, which is limited, these tasks are not simple. And if they are possible, please tell me how. Also, if it is possible, doesn't the Wordpress installation become more complicated to use so it's more like using Drupal anyway?