A client's computer began halting with BSOD just after user login stage
Recent changes (late dec or early jan) include the installation of Sonicwall VPN client and Zafara email client agent
1) The safe mode (with LAN support) works fine.
2) I created a new admin user profile : but the BSOD occurs here too
3) I ran Hitman pro and Malwarebytes, both came up empty handed
4) I ran sfc /scannow ...zilch
5) I ran msconfig and booted up without loading apps or services and that worked: no BSOD
6) Then I installed logmein
7) Now I can reproduce step 5 anymore : tried disabling services and/or loaded apps using msconfig
I haven't run CCLEANER yet, but apparently it is highly recommended with this error
I am keeping from running a system restore until I have no other choice
any other ideas ?