We have a dozen OS X 10.8 computers mapping a drive to a Windows 2003 SP2 server.
The server storage resides on a EMC VNX SAN connected via fibre.
While browsing and moving media files/folders (ie 1.5GB) between folders, it takes twice as long (ie 10min) as when the exact same task is performed from a Windows 7 workstation (ie 5min).
The same delays are experienced regardless of content. I have tried the follow to no avail.
Tried to following options it increase performance and retesting each time:
1. Turn on network sharing.
2. Setting the Network Service Order to Ethernet adapter listed first.
3. Tried connecting to share with ; smb://server_name:139/share_name$.
4. Turned off “show preview icons” in Finder.
5. Turned off IPv6.
6. Made the following changes to the “nsmb.conf” file:
7. Made the following changes to the “/etc/sysctl.conf” file:
Thanks in advance for the help ...