Drastically shorten your training time with WalkMe's advanced online training solution that Guides your trainees to action. Forget about retraining and skyrocket knowledge retention rates.
You need to create an Import Specification to do this automatically
To create the Import Specification
1) Click on external data> text file which then opens another window called "Get external data - Text file"
2) Use radio button to select "Import the source data into a new table in the current database"
3) specify the source of the file using the browse procedure then click OK
4) Choose radio button to select delimited format and then click next
5) this window allows you to choose delimiter and text qualifier and if first row contains names - click next
6) This window allows you to type the name of the field in the Field Name column, choose data type, and if you want field indexed - also can choose to skip field - then click next
7) This window allows you to add primary key or designate field as such - click next
8) Click on ADVANCED button
9. in the import specification window
type the name of the field in the Field Name column
(here you can use the field names of the destination table, specify data type,
check the box Skip if you do not want to import the column)
10 click save as, give the specification a name <-- this is the specification name that you will use in the command line below
DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "ImportSpecificationName",
"TableName", Returnvalue, blnHasFieldNames
Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.
Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.