Adding 2k8 R2 server DC to SBS2k3 Server
Posted on 2014-02-06
I am trying to add a 2008R2 Server to a 2003 SBS network so I can make it a secondary DC. I will then kill the SBS and promote the 2008 Server to the primary.
1. I ran the adprep /forestprep on the SBS2k3. Then I ran the domain prep.
2. I joined the 2008 to the domain.
3. I then tried to run dcpromo.
4. The error message says, "to install a domain controller in this AD forest you must first prepare the adprep/forestprep". The adprep utility is available on the windows server 2008r2 installation media in the support\adprep folder.
5. I run it and it says I can't run adprep on a server that isn't an AD server. HELP!!