1. In linux where is the drivers are located? How do we normally install driver any devices?
2. what is the linux boot process? what is upstart?
3. how is sectory/cylinder/track works here.
Disk /dev/sda: 17.1 GB, 17179869184 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 2088 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
4. what is GPT and where is used?
5. for a given process how do i find the process tree in linux?
6. in grub.conf , we have the following. what is kernel and initrd? why do we need initrd?
title CentOS (2.6.18-164.el5)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.el5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
6. what are process states and please explain.
7. how one can find the bottleneck of cpu contention, memory contention and disk I/O contention?
I really appreciate if you can help me to understand these questions.