Completely new install from Hypervisor all the way up.
VMware vSphere 5.1U1
Domain Controller VM
Exchange 2013 CAS/MAILBOX VM
Just installed Exchange 2013 and followed Microsoft's post-installation tasks, and I have not touched the receive connectors at all. I logged into OWA and tried to send an email to my gmail account and the item gets stuck in drafts folder. I went into ECP and set the DNS servers to use my DC to resolve internal addresses (10.8.0.10) and set the external DNS server to google (18.104.22.168). This didn't work. I then set the IP in HOSTS files 10.8.0.15 exch1.domain.local. This also failed. Ran Test-mailflow and that failed. I'm lost.