I'm having a heck of a time. I made a backup of my production DB in the hopes of refreshing my staging copy that lives on the same server. No matter what I do I keep getting an error that the DB is in use (the one I'm restoring to). I've tried deleting the staging DB, recreating an "empty" one and then doing the restore. I've tried changing the name of the files it's getting restored to. I tried NOT deleting it first. Further, it's only something I've started to encounter on 2012 server. Previously I never had this issue.
I know I'm doing something simple and quite stupid wrong but I just don't know what.