Solved

xp - using outlook 2010 with exchange 2013

Posted on 2014-02-13
6
422 Views
Last Modified: 2014-02-22
I have been battling the following issue for a few days now.  We have xp machines with outlook 2010 connecting to an exchange 2013 server.

I have it set to auto-discover (microsoft actually setup for us).

When i set the following settings on the xp to msstp:*.domain.com it automatically reverts back to the below putting owapp in its place. without the * it will not connect.

not working
is there a way to prevent the settings from being changed? I have another xp box that works just fine and the settings stay at *.domain.com

Thanks!
0
Comment
Question by:bbimis
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 4
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 37

Assisted Solution

by:Jamie McKillop
Jamie McKillop earned 500 total points
ID: 39856771
Hello,

Run the following command in the Exchange Management Shell

Set-OutlookProvider -Identity EXPR -CertPrincipalName msstd:*.domain.com

-JJ
0
 

Author Comment

by:bbimis
ID: 39856982
tried that doesn't work.
0
 

Author Comment

by:bbimis
ID: 39856998
can it somehow in the registry be forced not to change?
if i have msstd:*.domain.com in there it works fine. thats how i get it to work by changing it to a *
but it will work for a while then revert. however other xp machines seem to work just fine.
0
Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

 
LVL 37

Expert Comment

by:Jamie McKillop
ID: 39857054
You may need to wait for a bit for that change to take effect. It gets that value from the autodiscover service. If it is still changing, the autodiscover service isn't aware of the new value yet.

-JJ
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
bbimis earned 0 total points
ID: 39857231
i found that if i added autodiscover.outlook.com to the registry it works just fine
the broken machines only have autodiscover-s.outlook.com in there
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:bbimis
ID: 39879008
this worked on most but not all still having issue but changing the star works
0

Featured Post

Salesforce Has Never Been Easier

Improve and reinforce salesforce training & adoption using WalkMe's digital adoption platform. Start saving on costly employee training by creating fast intuitive Walk-Thrus for Salesforce. Claim your Free Account Now

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Lotus Notes – formerly IBM Notes – is an email client application, while IBM Domino (earlier Lotus Domino) is an email server. The client possesses a set of features that are even more advanced as compared to that of Outlook. Likewise, IBM Domino is…
This article provides a convenient collection of links to Microsoft provided Security Patches for operating systems that have reached their End of Life support cycle. Included operating systems covered by this article are Windows XP,  Windows Server…
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an antispam), the admini…

724 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question