I'm attaching a .vbs script I got from another site. I changed the extension to .txt. The script displays a dialog showing the local computer name but you can change that to the name of a computer on the LAN and it will return something like the following:
[computername] reports no S.M.A.R.T issues with the device"
I want to change the script so it does the following:
1. Pulls the names of computers from a file that contains a list of computer names, computers.txt.
2. Outputs the status to SMART Status.csv.
3. According to Wikipedia S.M.A.R.T. returns one of two responses, "threshold not exceeded" and "threshold exceeded". If so then that is what I want in the .csv file. Regardless, I just want the basic info indicating if S.M.A.R.T. thinks the drive is failing.
4. If the drive or PC does not support S.M.A.R.T. data then the script should return. "not supported" for that particular machine.
5. The script should work with remote computers running Windows 7 and Windows XP.