I hope someone had the same problems and solved them.
I've got a Qnap NAS with 2 disk drives (I think it is Qnap TS-212P, but I am not sure, because it is Fujitsu re-branded to Celvin Q700). There's a 1,6 TB of BACKUP data, which needs to be restored.
This NAS has iSCSI Target configured and all backup data was stored to iSCSI LUN.
Now, the problem:
iSCSI targets on this NAS do not want to either switch from Offline status to Online....or if they do, then none of iSCSI targets is not accessible from any client computer.
I have tried:
- upgraded Firmware/Software to latest, but got ERROR on 10% of process. NAS shows newer firmware version, but I doubt it is true.
- downgraded back to original Firmware, but get ERROR.
- tried to access it from Windows 2008, win 7, server 2012R2 initiator...but still the exact same error as described above.
- made a sector-by-sector clone of disks, and put them into another Qnap of the same series, working one...but at no avail - the exact the same problem on this other NAS
- took the disk out and mounted to a Linux machine...I can see iSCSI LUN file there, with correct size...but it is 1 single file with extension .000 and 1,6 TB of size. What can I do with this file?
Any idea how to rescue data from it?
I only need FILES and STRUCTURE intact....while file permissions and other parameters do NOT matter.