General Question>> Questions for folks who create Reports:
Hello To All Respected Gurus,
I have weird but very general question, nothing technical but more philosophical maybe :(
This question could be related to creating reports in excel, access or sql server.
The goal that i want to clarify-
• Why we create report?
• If someone asks for a report to be created–
o What are some mental questions we need ask ourselves before we start creating it?
o What is that report?
o What is its structure and break down and why it’s needed? Etc
• What kind of UI considerations may we think to make the report look even better
• Report Completion and execution > Is over delivery good or under delivery bad
• When creating a report - what is good mental flow chart that we might need to kind of get a way to create it the best way?
• When report is already being used by the customers –
o What we can do to make sure they get the best out of it?
o How do we manage our priorities to make sure customers are happy and that we are settings correct expectations and standards of SLA
• What we need to do create reports efficiently and within our time sensitive framework?
Can you guys add to the list or expand my question and points? I am just tying bring a meaning to - why we do reporting and how best it could be done....to maintain and sustain it
Please - all are welcome....all feedbacks are acknowledged
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.