Hello To All Respected Gurus,
I have weird but very general question, nothing technical but more philosophical maybe :(
This question could be related to creating reports in excel, access or sql server.
The goal that i want to clarify-
• Why we create report?
• If someone asks for a report to be created–
o What are some mental questions we need ask ourselves before we start creating it?
o What is that report?
o What is its structure and break down and why it’s needed? Etc
• What kind of UI considerations may we think to make the report look even better
• Report Completion and execution > Is over delivery good or under delivery bad
• When creating a report - what is good mental flow chart that we might need to kind of get a way to create it the best way?
• When report is already being used by the customers –
o What we can do to make sure they get the best out of it?
o How do we manage our priorities to make sure customers are happy and that we are settings correct expectations and standards of SLA
• What we need to do create reports efficiently and within our time sensitive framework?
Can you guys add to the list or expand my question and points? I am just tying bring a meaning to - why we do reporting and how best it could be done....to maintain and sustain it
Please - all are welcome....all feedbacks are acknowledged