Here is the situation:
1. ESXi 5.1 running a single SBS 2003 SP2 VM is BSODing on boot-up. I've tried a chkdsk /R but it states that there is unrecoverable errors on the file system.
2. The most recent backup is now 17 days old.
Here is my plan:
1. Recover server from the 17 day old backup.
2. Download the vmdk file from ESXi and mount the disk to a drive.
3. Extract the Exchange Server data from the crashed server and copy it to the recovered server.
1. Is this my best option?
2. If so, what steps do I need to follow in order to recover the Exchange 2003 data from the file system of the crashed server and then get it up and running on the recovered server?
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.