So I have another server with exchange 2010 configure and working properly.
I move my inbox over there to test. Able to send email internally and external, also to users still on 2003 fine. It is going through the 2003 send connector, not 2010 yet. I have the routing groups setup between 2003 and 2010.
1. After moving the rest of mailbox over, I need to switch smtp feed over to new server.
Currently, firewall has smtp incoming pointed to old server, will switch to new server ip.
SMTP Outgoing will be also allow on port 25 via new server ip.
Also will change internal dns to point mail cname to new server.
2. The old server is pointed to .227 on public side. MX record on outside shows old server name, does that need to be update to new server? Also the cname will be to be update to new server name? I don't think any of these needs to be updated right since incoming will be pointed to new server via internal dns and firewall.
@ IN MX 10 oldexchange.test.com
@ IN A 220.127.116.11
mail IN CNAME oldexchange.test.com
oldexchange IN A 18.104.22.168 (Need to update old to new?)
3. Email on my phone isn't working, I'm assuming because the public name is still routed to old server and my mailbox is not on old server anymore correct?
4. OWA isn't working externally because email server publicly is still pointed to old server which doesn't have my mailbox?
5. Any other changes I might be missing?