Hi. So this customer of mine has a W8 PC which refuses to browse the web. Whether you use an ethernet or wifi connection the problem is the same: the PC can ping google.com or any other website, but it just won't browse.
I checked for proxies, I tried with more than one browser, I checked multiple times all network configurations, everything's normal and the PC connects with no problem to my network.
I managed to momentarily fix the issue by having the customer input these command lines:
ipconfig /flushdns (I don't think it was actually useful)
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
The next day the issue was back, though.
The customer lives about 90km away and I usually give him remote assistance. Right now I can only work giving him instructions by phone.