A user came up to me yesterday and notified me that they could not find a user that was added last week in Exchange. Upon some initial testing of my own I discovered that the user can be found if you type part of his name and hit Ctrl+K that it will resolve the name but does not appear in the GAL. Then I disabled Exchange Cached Mode and users that were in his list that have been gone for some time were gone and the new user appeared. My first thought is that the OST file was corrupted so I rebooted the machine and logged in as myself and deleted the file. This did no good and has led to more confusion on my part.
This is a wide spread issue on my network and need to find a solution. I support about 70 machines on my own and would like to find a solution that can be deployed rather than desk visits. I looked around and found tons of articles with no progress toward solving this enigma.
Windows Server 2008 R2
Exchange 2010 Version 14.2 (Build 247.5)
Windows XP / 7
MS Outlook 2007 SP3
If managing Active Directory using Windows Powershell® is making you feel like you stepped back in time, you are not alone. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why.