Heapsize for Wowza!
Posted on 2014-02-20
I have the Wowza streaming server with spec (using VPS):
- 04 CPUs
- RAM 16GB
- HDD: 500GB, 7.2 rpm
- NIC: 01Gbps
- Internet (NIX): 512Mbps
The only parameter that I configured:
- Heapsize: 5000M
After I checked this server on the system with tools: htop, top, free & others, I got the information:
- CPU: ~5%
- RAM: ~12-13GB used; ~2-3GB free
- Each connection connects to this server, it occupied RAM ~600M
- Connection concurrent users (CU): ~200
(Sometimes, I must clear cahce/ram with "sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches")
So, I have questions for this isuse:
1. How to adjust the Heapsize with 16GBRAM? If I up to 32GBRAM, what's the Heapsize or other parameters?
2. Can I decrease the memory that each connection occupy RAM? (Currently, it occupied ~600M)
3. The system needs:
- 500 CU at the same time, what about RAM for the streaming server?
- 1000 CU at the same time, what about RAM for the streaming server?
4. What parameters that I can tune for the streaming server?
5. CPU is OK for this server if the system have more than 1000 CU at the same time?
Please give me your advices about issues above.
Thanks in advances.